Even just a half day visit is enough to enjoy the best of what the astonishing city of Ravenna has to offer. The visit to the Early-Christian and Byzantine mosaics of the 5th and 6th centuries includes:
• Church of S. Vitale commissioned by the Emperor Justinian of Byzantium. In the mosaics here he is masterfully depicted with his fabulous wife Theodora.
• Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, A powerful building created to honour the resilient and colourful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
• Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by wonderful mosaics
• The tomb of Dante, close to the Basilica of San Francisco and its cloisters
• Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo which was the private chapel of the Ostrogoths King Theoderic.
A guided walk through the old city centre with a pause and a practical demonstration of mosaic -making technique, enjoyng and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna.
My name is Cinzia, I am a licensed guide in Ravenna and Emilia Romagna. I was born in Ravenna and love my job very much. It gives me the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. I can talk about the monuments in town, showing them not only the famous and gorgeous mosaics but also revealing hidden corners of the fascinating city of Ravenna. Every day I am enriched by the enjoyment of my clients and their happy eyes and smiles as they discover more than they ever thought about our wonderful history and beauty. I have been working as Tourist Guide and Enviromental Guide for many years; in spring I work mostly with students, form primary to high school offering them city tour and excursions in nature. I like to create interesting and curios itenerary like: romantic tour, hidden Ravenna, birdwatching in Wetland and in Basilica discovering glassbirds….. Ask me please, I will be pleased to propose you according to your personal interest! Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Ravenna.