This adventure will ensure a true discovery of Greece: with the wonderful Greek culture and its beautiful islands, tasty food and ever present history, you'll constantly be combining off-the-beaten-track sites with some of the things that can't be missed.
What makes this trip so unique is the perfect balance between discovering the local culture, having outdoor adventures and eating great food while enjoying a vibrant nightlife.
The itinerary below is based on my personal experience with travelers looking for an ecotourism experience, it is just an example of what you can do - I can definitely help you modify this to make it your very own custom experience.
Note: On some days you'll be accompanied by local guides while on other days I'll be simply giving you all the contacts/information you need. For an extra fee, however, I can accompany you 24/7 and take care of 100% of the logistics.
• Guided visit of the famous Parthenon & archeological museum
• Walk through the areas of Plaka & Monastiraki
• Syndagma Square's changing of the guards
• Athen's vibrant social scene at clubs right on the beach
• Secluded village in the mountains of Crete
• Monastery visit with its delightful nuns & their well-kept garden
• Knossos, disc of Phaestos & the Palace of Minos
• The Village of Loutro and its unique charm
• Trek the many gorges of southern Crete & try the island's seafood
• Cooking workshop to learn a typical Greek dish
• See the world-famous views from Fira & Ia
• Donkey ride back up the steps in Fira
• Volcano boat excursion with visits to Tharassia & the sulfur baths
• Kamari's boardwalk and the island's volcanic sand beach
• Shopping in some of the world's most exclusive shops
• All communication needed with the expert so they can create your experience;
• Accomodation (in 3-star or equivalent hotels/ecolodges, price is based on double occupancy);
• Some private transportation;
• Some local guides (when needed, will be mentioned in the travel booklet);
• Travel booklet (will contact all local information that you need for your experience);
• Being accompanied by the expert 24/7 (this can be organized for a fee);
• Travel Insurance (medical travel insurance is mandatory);
• Food, bottled water, beverages and snacks;
• Entrance tickets for museums, parks and sites;
• Local public transportation and taxis;
• Tips to local guides, drivers, restaurants, etc.;
• 0.2% for the OPC (Consumer Protection Of!ce) tax ($2 per $1000);
• Visa expenses (it is your responsibility to check if your passport requires a VISA to enter in the country);
• Laundry and any other personal expenses;
Anthony Chamy is a Kepri Expeditions CO (Creative Organizer) and is organizing trips for Vayable travelers. Cofounder of Kepri Expeditions, Anthony grew up in Montreal, Canada, with parents that were born and raised in Egypt, he has ancestors in Greece, Lebanon, Syria and Russia. His motivation for getting up every day comes from his determination to stop the tourism industry from its continuous degradation of the planet's natural and social environments - his work focuses on creating and implementing an innovative tourism model that will change the way people travel. His many contacts in Greece from the ecotourism trips he has organized there make him the ideal candidate to orchestrate your experience in this amazing country. Full profile ⋅ Leave a Review
Receive special offers, VIP invites and exclusive updates for Athens.